Was confessing a bad idea?

Anonymous
my ex and I broke up about 3 months ago and it ended badly as he cheated on me and left me for that person, so I sort of blocked him. Recently I was just cleaning up and unblocked him and I don’t know why I did that but I did. A few days later he reaches out to me asking me why I’m unblocked him (I find it weird that he checks) and told me that he was surprised I even remembered him and he had thought that I had forgotten him and moved on. This was when my dumb ass went really in my feels and told him how I was still completely broken over what happened and how I had not given up on him yet and I also told him that I still loved him. His response to that was “I don’t know what to say”. He then sent me a random old picture and said he reached out cause that picture reminded me of him, implying that he had forgotten me. He then said goodnight and we haven’t spoken since and it’s been like 3-4 days. Honestly I just feel so embarrassed about admitting how I felt to him whereas he doesn’t even seem to care about me even a bit. But on the other hand I’m glad I got it out of my chest instead of bottling it up. I bet I boosted his ego lol.
Was confessing a bad idea?
Add Opinion