My ex boyfriend is making this break up very confusing?

Anonymous
I was recently dumped. My now ex said he doesn't know what he wants, he needs time to figure things out etc. I was totally heartbroken because our relationship was genuinely perfect, he even said during our breakup that the hardest part is knowing how perfect this all is and how he doesn't know what he's looking for but thinks this is the only way he can feel confident in a future. I've known since I met him there were some commitment issues in him, but thought we were working to overcome those. He's very insecure & indecisive.

We met to return my things and he mentioned how uneasy he's felt and he still doesn't know if breaking up was the right decision, but that it needed to be done so that he can figure things out and not ruin us getting back together. We talked for a little bit, but then talked normally for a little while.

I would do anything to get back together with him. I'm giving him space and not reaching out, but I don't want him to think I'm no longer interested. I know it sounds dumb, but we really had something amazing and I would be willing to wait around for a little bit while he figures things out.

What are the odds we get back together? I'm hoping since there are so many doubts in his mind, that the odds are high.
2
1