He ghosted me, came back saying he liked me and was still waiting for me and ghosted like the next day. Mind games or something deeper?

bossanova
He ghosted me in July close to the end of the month, I sent about two messages the first one week after he ghosted and the second in the middle of August. I was miserable, crying every single day and out of nowhere he came back last Friday. Said he deleted his social media apps trying to fix his mental health, he missed talking to me every single day and was still waiting for me to be with him - I have one more university year because I move to a different country and me and him talked about me moving closer to him - I was mad and said he had no consideration for me. He said he was catching feelings and it scared him and ghosted me again.

Please help me understand what the fuck is wrong with this guy, is this really his mental health and should I try to help him by being there? I like him so much this is draining me
3
2