What to do when you and your ex struggle to stay away from each other?

Anonymous
My ex and I broke up a few weeks ago. It was initiated by me and we both agreed it was the right thing to do. It was civil. We have big differences and we both became aware that there is no future for us together although we deeply love each other.

the problem is, he lives nearby, for the past one year and a half, we’ve been doing everything together. We’ve had a GREAT sex life, and we somehow still find ourselves in each other’s beds after a night out. We’ve been struggling not to have sex. And every time we promise to switch to a healthy friendship or put some distance between us we end up messing up a few days later. What makes it harder is that it’s not just plain casual sex. I’m still on the pill, he hasn’t been with anyone else so we still have raw sex. It’s still very passionate. He’s still very loving and caring. We cuddle and tell each other how much we love and miss each other. He Still looks after me, still shows up for me when something bad happens. Still does me favors. Still genuinely concerned about my well-being. We both care deeply. AND still have sex even when we both say we’ll stop. I don’t know how to stop this. I’ve tried meeting someone new but every time I tried I was just forcing myself to go out and I wasn’t interested really. Getting back together is really not an option we both know that love is not enough. I’m tempted to move to a new city/country and start over. I don’t want to stay stuck in this vicious cycle
2
1