He blocked me back…?

Anonymous
I was in an on-again, off-again relationship for 7 years until I realized it just wasn’t going to work as he didn’t want to fully commit and I found out he was seeing other people while we were still intimate and doing couple-like things. I expressed to him that while I still care and would eventually like to be platonic friends, I need to do what’s best for me and completely move on first and told him we could check back in with each other in a month or two. He responded to this by saying, “I understand. On your time. Whenever you’re ready.” To help myself in the process of moving on, I blocked him, his friends and his family on all social media platforms, including Snapchat. Fast forward two months later, I reached out to him via text and told him I hoped he was doing well and got no response. Out of pure curiosity, I ended up doing some digging (and now, I wish I hadn’t) and found out he blocked me back on Snapchat. I’m unsure if he blocked my number as well as he has an Android and I have an iPhone, so I can’t see if my text message was delivered and honestly, I’m not in a good headspace right now to dig any further or to try calling him. I totally understand people cope in their own way and he doesn’t have to explain anything to me just as I don’t have to explain anything to him. But, upon our last interaction, there was no malice or hurtful words exchanged. Honestly, I thought we had a mutual understanding. I’m confused and hurt. I don’t know what to do now.
He blocked me back…?
Add Opinion