My ex got mad when I didn't want to be friends. He really hurt me and I'm not sure what to do. How do I deal?

Anonymous
My ex boyfriend and I tried to be friends again for a few months about 6 months after the breakup (before you say anything, we were friends before & neighbors). He was the one who initiated being friends again, and I was happy to try, as we have a ton of mutual friends & was ok with it. We are in the same friend group & would frequently do projects together.

Several months into it, I could tell I was pretty unhappy bc he was talking to tons of girls in front of me while we were with our friends, and that he was totally over me & it was getting unhealthy, so I decided to leave quietly. After bringing it up a few times, I sent a final text to him that I was politely withdrawing from the group & he became immediately rude & mad. "Fine. No need to show up." among other things

We had a few more texts & he ended up ghosting me & being quite blunt. It really hurt me and made me cry. He then went & told my friend group I was deliberately sabotaging him & they all cut me off & became rude to me too. I worked with some of them too so I had to lay low & eventually leave. This was so hurtful to me & I've cried for many weeks, I really don't have any other friends & I feel so alone. They are off partying & everything and constantly posting stories, so I had to defriend. Why did he get so mad? He was so rude to me & it's like I don't even know him at all. It's like he was a completely different person from the one I knew. I've been thinking about this for weeks and I just feel so confused & hurt. He ended up ghosting me & completely severing ties, I don't know how to react & haven't seen him since.

The fact I've been cut off by this friend group too makes it 10x worse. I can't go to my favorite places in town, I've had to defriend all of them, & the ex is dating a new girl now. They all hang out like crazy, including my other friends who weren't part of this group, & I feel like I have to entirely hide from the world now! Any advice taken.
1
1