How long should you wait to try to get back with your ex?

How long should a person wait before trying to get back with their ex? How should one go about doing this?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on why you broke up, and who was the first person to break up with the other...

• I broke up with him first, not because I stopped loving him but because of all the fighting. We got back together and then he broke up with me because we went back to our old ways. Its been about a month and we've gotten along great.

• okay, so lets say that I'm your ex-girlfriend and I want to tell you how I feel, how would you want me to go about it?

• just basically tell me straight up

What Guys Said 2

• Don't do it because they are an ex for a reason?

• forget the guy. find a guy who you don't fight with. fighting sucks. you'll have a terrible life if you end up with him long term.

• true however most of our fighting happened when heavy drinking was involved and I'm sure you know how that can get. We've both stopped drinking.

What Girls Said 2

• if you are getting along great then there's a good chance he feels the same way you do. if officially getting back togetehr and putting a label on your relationship is what causes the issues, then maybe you should just leave it how it is for now. you will continue to get along and probably gradually get closer but maybe not being in an official relationship will prevent anymore fighting. just something to think about!

• thats kind of what I've ben thinking and feeling. When we tried to get back together it was like all this presure just feel on top of us and then we crumbled.

• yeah then I would definetely avoid giving it a label and putting too much pressure on officially being together. it will just push you further apart when without the pressure you can actually be really close to each other. don't worry about whether you're technically together or not, you both know how you feel so I think it will work out for you!

• one should not try to get back with their ex. an ex is an ex.

• normally I'd agree with you and I'd pass that advice on to others but I really miss my ex and I want to get back with him.