Let him down gently?

There's this guy in one of my classes that is nice, but kinda weird and not really my type, but he is always flirting with me and trying to impress me. And he always walks me back to my dorm after class. I am just wondering how I might tell him to back off a little without hurting his feelings.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Let him know that he's a real nice guy, a nice friend, something to that extent that basically lets him know you aren't liking him like that. guys can usually sense the friend zone pretty quickly lol, then he'll probably back off.

• Actually I agree with what anonymous said, I just responded in some popular ways to your question of letting him down gently. But what I'd rather the guy hear, and I would too, would be a direct answer. Any other "gentle" response and he might feel he has a chance, which is leading him on and will make him more miserable than he should.

What Guys Said 1

• "kinda weird and not really my type" there's your answer. There's no really "letting somebody down gently", if you beat around the bush he is gonna think he can convince you. Just tell him the truth.

What Girls Said 1

• You can just say something like, "hey it seems like perhaps you may want more from me than what I can offer. I like you as a friend and would very much like for it to stay that way." And maybe build off of that..