Should I forgive my bullies and give them a chance?

i'm a senior this year and let's just say I look better now than I ever did. guys have started paying attention to me and flirting with me. the thing is, a lot of these guys are the ones who teased me and called me ugly when I was a freshman.

today one guy who I remember bullying me very badly said to me "in freshman year you were a girl I would have been embarrassed to be seen in public with, but now you're kinda hot. can you forgive me and go out with me Friday night, to see how I've changed?" I told him I'd get back to him in the morning.

what do you think? forgive and forget? or give him the cold shoulder?

96

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally if I was you I'd say thanks but no thanks. Any guy who makes fun of you and puts you down because of how you look doesn't deserve a single second of your time regardless if you've changed/they've changed. Chances are he hasn't changed, his views on you have but that's only because YOU'VE changed.

Don't hold a grudge, forgive him. But don't go out of your way to make him happy/please him.

What Guys Said 6

• Cold shoulder.

These guys tormented you but now you look good so they'll be nice and tell you anything you want to hear to try and get in your pants.

Tell them to go screw, they only want you for your body!

• forgive, never forget. forgive them, release all the malice in your heart you hold toward them. Never forget, never trust them and move on with your life

• He still sounds pretty shallow.

• my god you're stupid. I hope it's a joke.

• If I were him and if you went on a date with me, I wouldn't take you seriously. I'd remember all the things I've done to you. I'd wonder why you're so stupid and desperate (why you give me a chance). I'd probably tell my friends about you/make fun of you behind your back for being so stupid. He doesn't like your personality... he only wants to date you because you are hot. Do you want to go on a date with a guy who bullies insecure/ugly girs? It's sad you ask this question...

• are you being serious? if not, are you retarded? don't give him the satisfaction. you can get hot guys (who don't feel the need to bully girls). bullies are cowards, but guys who bully girls are the biggest p******/wimps on the planet. I used to be a bully, but I would never bully girls. that's so pathetic and weak. you can do much better than that...

What Girls Said 8

• Tell him to go suck a **** like the bitch he is. Why would you want to be with a guy who treated you like sh*t and had so little respect for someone who didn't even know you. He hurt you and who knows how he'll treat you now, he might have been immature but it wasn't that long ago and guys really don't change and if they do it doesn't happen till their much older.

If you are like omg that's so not true and that he's cool and sweet and whatever - by all means...go for it.

• Im not impressed by how he said it and I think it was actually a douchey thing to say. Had he legitimately said he was sorry and admitted he was a jerk and left it at that, then I would say go for it. But the fact that he sees himself as hot enough to be above dating anyone, and able to admit it, isn't a good guy.

• I'd forget about him...he obviously is only attracted to looks...if you're going for quality, you can do way better!

• Do you really want a guy who's that shallow?

• Forgive him...but don't go out with him. He/They sound like jerks.

• tell him to go f*** himself. seriously!

or make a fool out of him in school :)

• Forgive but never forget.

• Tell him he has one chance to show you that he has changed or your walking out