How to prevent scarring?

so I got into an ATV accident a few weeks ago and the 250 pound four-wheeler ended up landing on top of my back and scraping it all up. so it has scabbed over but is pink/red again. to get an idea as to what it looks like now... here is what it looked like the day after the accident link now I am very concerned it will scar. how do I prevent this?

26

Most Helpful Girl

• I have some third degree burns and I have been using A, D, and E cream on them and the scar has significantly faded in just a month :) I got it from the Dr. I'm glad it wasn't worse, that could have broken your back, very lucky girl :) someone was watching over you

• i am very lucky, when it first happened I couldn't walk, I thought I was going to be either paralyzed or in a wheelchair for life. there's some issues with my spine and lower back bone but that's so minor compared to what could have happened. and thank you!

• Wow, that's scary, and your welcome

What Guys Said 6

• The top laceration will probably have some scaring.

The key is not to pick at it and keep it out of the sun. Put antibacterial ointment on it for the first couple of days. Keep it open so oxygen can get to the wound and it can heal faster.

Its going to start itching like crazy. DON'T Pick...!

• what if its past that stage and its red again? its already gotten itchy, scabbed over, scabs fell off, now its red/pink but not itchy or scabbing but it doesn't look completely healed...

• That is almost definitly going to scar...

But the burising will fade and it won't look terrible, there will be a mark but while guys will notice it and probably ask about it it's unlikely they'll hold it against you.

• I think they have like some anti-scarring cream or something you can apply to it. You should look into it or ask your doctor or something.

• Doesnt look that bad. You're lucky you're not dead or paralyzed. I don't get people who ride ATVs.

If it did scar I think it would look cool.

• i know that it could have been much worse so I am happy it turned out the way it did, but scars I don't think would be a very good look on me

• Not a bad spot to have a scar though. Compared to other places. I know you're trying to avoid it but if it does happen, will make for a cool conversation piece. It really doesn't look that bad. If it does scar I bet it'll be very subtle anyways.

• Dont know,

But wow that looks bad!

• Wow that looks awesome! I don't think it will scar, but if it does, at least its on your back and not on your face, arms, legs, etc. or whatever gets exposed the most. Anyways, I don't think you can prevent scaring, it just happens!

What Girls Said 1

• I think keeping the area moisturized is supposed to help minimize scarring but I think you might still get a scar. Don't worry, if it does scar it will look pretty cool.