Reply right away to texts?

Guys, when your girlfriend texts you, do you reply right away? What does it mean if a boyfriend doesn't?

36

Most Helpful Girl

• a lot of guys are using texting to their advantage in the infatuation stage of relationships but when they get into actual relationships for the long term they tend to lose interest in the whole texting bit. guys generally use texting for more practical things then women do, such as; asking when and where the two of you are going to meet up. replying right away doesn't seem to normally happen when you've been together awhile because they don't feel like need to chase after you in every way possible because they already have you, and texting conversations begin to lose his interest because it takes so long it will likely seem pretty pointless to him, he would rather see you in person.

• I think your answer is very correct :) My boyfriend stopped texting so much after we were together for a couple months, but that's also when he started calling a lot. He just perferred to hear my voice :)

What Guys Said 6

• it depends on the txt... I do read my texts asap but replying to em is not so spontageous ... my girlfriend usually sends in a lot of crap frm her lame dailly chores story to the fight with her classmatees which I normally dnt reply too tht very moment I reply too them later on in the night so tht she can straighten up herself because mostly she's the culprit

but when she texts me serious stuff like a frnds in need or she's having trouble doing something I reply her rite away

but mostly my replies are delayed when it comes too girls

• i'll reply right away unless:

i'm busy working

i'm sleeping

i'm away from my phone and unaware of the texts in the first place.

• I usually text my girlfriend back pretty quickly unless I'm busy, sleeping, or didn't hear the text.

• if I can. I just don't check my phone very often. So he good just be busy

• I reply right away to all texts unless I'm busy or with friends.

• I text my girlfriend back right away unless I'm busy with something, in the shower, sleeping or driving.

What Girls Said 2

• I reply to ANY texts right away, unless I'm busy. Like if I'm involved in something at work, or I'm sleeping and don't hear my phone, or I'm driving, etc.

When someone doesn't reply to me right away, I just figure they're busy and leave them alone. They'll get to it when they get to it. When it was my ex, I assumed the same. But if I'd try again a few hours later, and the no response thing continued all day to anything I said, then I'd get irritated and think I was being ignored. Because my ex is a guy who pretty much lives on his phone, so him just 'not seeing' my texts is not even an option, lol.

• When me and the guy I like text, he replies straightaway unless he's busy/asleep/exercising. I reply to him right away too.