Have you ever had a piercing go wrong?

Last November I got my clavicle or whatever its called pierced, and at first I thought it was just taking time to heal correctly, but turns out it wasn't. I took it out a few months ago and now I'm left with a keloid. Has this ever happened to you, and how long will it take for this keloid to go down?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Keloids generally don't go away, and if they do, it can take years. At least, that's what my doctor told me.

I used to work at Claire's Accessories, and they do ear piercings, so when I was working there a few years ago, I decided to get a 2nd piercing in each ear (already had a 1st one). But the lady who pierced my ears was a manager in training (again, as she used to work there) and forgot to disinfect my ears AFTER the piercing, which you are supposed to do (before and after). So, they both got infected and f***ed up, wouldn't heal, and I had to let them close because it was too much of a hassle. Now I have scars (or keloids) where those piercings were supposed to be.

What a waste of $40. >_>

Anyways, I think there may be some procedures available to get rid of keloids, but you'd have to ask a doctor about that.

• Oh, and if the keloids are small, I'd say it's not worth worrying about. Mine aren't noticeable unless I point them out, so if it's small and doesn't bother you, it's not harmful.

What Guys Said 2

• Piercings are just dumb unless you get them on the ears.

• A keloid?

What Girls Said 2

• I've had multiple piercings and unfortunately, the time for keloids to go down depends on many factors: age, health, diet, maintenance/cleaning practice.

Unfortunately, what you might have left also may be scar tissue and require professional removal.

Best of luck and stay hopeful!

• No that's has never happened to me but I had a friend who got her belly button peirced and that was one crazy sore. The people recked her.

I don't know how to get rid of what you have but I wish you the best.

:)