Was I a jerk for dumping her like this?

My ex is beautiful, and she's funny and really cute, and I like her as a person. But I dumped her because sometimes it felt like I was walking on eggshells with her, she was a little high-strung at times. She had problems with her family when we started dating and it was affecting her a lot. She worried a LOT and I know she secretly cared what other people thought of her even though she'd try to hide that. Also, it seemed like if she wasn't at school or at work she only wanted to spend time with me. I wasn't comfortable around her at times and sometimes when we were hanging out I'd want to be doing something else. We had great times together, I even took her along on a trip to meet my parents (the relationship started very fast), we went to the zoo, the movies, a concert and she'd sleep over my house many times in the beginning of our relationship. Her problems with her family just ended and they are getting along, but I was still bothered about the state of our relationship. We'd only been dating two months (but have known each other for a year , we met at work, but she left and we stayed in touch) but I just feel like I don't connect with her on a personal level and I don't really know where the relationship was going. Was it too soon to tell? Could this have just been her infatuation stage and she would have calmed down a bit in time? Did I use her? I kind of feel like a jerk but at the same time I think I did the right thing and came right out and told her honestly what I was feeling. Do you think it could have evolved into love over time?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• You've done nothing wrong mate, respect for ending it whdn you could see it wasn't working. You thought with your brain, not your d***, true respect

What Girls Said 2

• If you felt the relationship was not working and you didn't feel a real connection, then it was OK, in the end you would just have hurt her.

If the only thing that was really bothering you was her clingingness, then you should talk to her and try to fix it, but if you didn't feel the bond, then is pointless.

• You didn't do anything wrong. But if you're asking this question you obviously feel like there was some sort of connection.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should have told her what you didn't like and have given her a chance to change. Those reasons are not bad reasons to dump someone, though.