Boyfriend not over ex - they broke up 2 years ago!

My boyfriend who I care for dearly is not over his ex. I say that every relationship comes with one issue and this is the issue.

She hurt him pretty badly and he still has feelings for her but she has moved on to another guy and they are very serious.

He sees her about once a month because they go to a lot of the same events (with different people obviously) and he complains about her being there, and that he has to see her, and that sometimes he is forced to work with her during the event.

I don't know what to do... they broke up 2 years ago but it was only his second relationship. She hurt him bad and I just want to let him know I am here to talk to when he is upset about it but I don't know what else to do.

Can I do something to help him get over her? I tell him that he is great and better off without her and I tell him that when I see him next I am going to give him a big kiss...

Help! I am getting sick of hearing about him talk about her but I don't know what else to do except stand by him and support his choice to be with me and to talk oepnly about her to me...

12

Most Helpful Guy

• It took me a long time to get over a relationship once. In fact, my pain lasted longer than the relationship itself.

First, you need to get him to stop talking about her. It will drive both him and you crazy. You especially as most girls don't like the thought of their boyfriend's previous relationships, not to mention the mere thought of him with another girl. Keep asking him nicely to stop talking about her as soon as he brings her up, and constantly remind him how much better off he is without her and how much better off and lucky he is to be with you.

Whatever this event is, it's probably best for his own sake to stop attending these things. Or maybe you two could just move away.

What Guys Said 1

• Once things change and he doesn't go to the same places where he sees her, this will take care of itself. Just have patience.

What Girls Said 1

• You need to move on. You are wasting your time with a guy who is still talking about his ex to his new girlfriend...Are you his girlfriend? because it just makes it worse...let him move on by himself...if he is hurt by what his ex did...what makes you think he won't hurt you?

You can do so much better than being a rebound...