Do you sometimes miss your ex?

So I've been over my ex for a while now and I have someone else I definitely like. But all of a sudden, when there was something she did which I didn't like. I missed my ex a little bit. At first I though, maybe I just miss having a girlfriend. But that's not it. I miss having her in my life. I miss her as a person. It's different from the heart tearing pain I used to have.

She was my first love, but I really don't get where this feeling came from... maybe because the chance to have her as even a casual friend is out of the question?

So little update:

Her best friend and a mutual friend (met my ex caus of her) just contacted me and asked how I'm doing. So that might be a good sign lol

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's quite common to miss people that have been in your life in a good way (even if it is for a short time). It's natural to want some company.

I've missed my ex before but I don't dwell on it too much. She is living her own life now and I'm glad for the time we had together but it's not going to help me if I dwell on it. :).

What Girls Said 2

• That's how the heart works, you think you are over them and then it sneaks up on you. You definitely love this girl or you wouldn't even be having these feelings, but its natural and they may never go away. You just learn to live with it or go claim her.

• did you end things or did she and how long ago was she your ex?

• She did. And because of the mess I was in I hurt her by acting idiotically after. It's been about a year now since the break up (idiotic behavior lasted about 4 months).

What Guys Said 2

• I think everyone does. It'll pass, trust me. Or try to be friends with her, either way.

• Yes I experience what you describe. When you hurt, you seek comfort, and the good times with an ex you loved a lot can be very comforting. Sometimes it revives the loving feelings. A little bit like toying with a dying fire which sometimes will spring back to life. Strong live for someone else rarely die I think.

• That's a very nice way of describing it :)