Would you be friends with someone who dumped you?

This guy I dated for 3 months started seeing another girl behind my back while I was with him! She played him the exact way, he played me! I stupidly still had feelings for him but he's so wrapped up in this girl even though he got screwed over and I've decided to let him go! He's not worth it and I'm worth more than him! Now he's saying he wants to be my friend and protect me from jerks like him! Is this a joke? Would you accept the friendship?

57

Most Helpful Guy

• Serious. I tried. Oh but I tried. Regardless of what happened, I still loved that woman.

But it was no use. She called out of the blue last year. My wife answered Not impressed.

I was told the sob story of how her husband (the man she dumped me for) left her and the kid they had together disowned her and she's all alone. I tried to show sympathy but the truth was she had her chance with me. She threw it away. My wife doesn't want me to be in contact with my ex and I guess I can't blame her. She is old news.

If she still liked me I would have been married to her and would never had to look any further.

• I wanted him, and was willing to work it out despite all this but he wanted this girl that does not reciprocate his feelings so much that I gave up! I wouldn't have done what she did to him but it's her he wants so there's no reason I should linger and pretend to be his friend!

What Guys Said 6

• i would not, when a break up occurs I want a clean break from that person. the friendship won't be pure because there will be animosity whether it's spoken or not.

• He disrespected you and broke your trust. He got owned by another female and is now realizing what a good lady he had. Dating or not trust is and honesty is number one. He has a lot of growing up to do. As for having feelings for him still you are human so there is nothing wrong with that. I believe that we should always forgive even if its tough. In this case he is obviously trying to slowly work his way back into your life. Forgive him for what he did, remember the good times, learn from your mistakes, and move on from him. You are 110% right you deserve better whether it be a friend or boyfriend. I hope you find someone that give you the love and respect you deserve. You seem like such a sweet person.

• Thanks! I was hurt by his lack of consideration for my feelings( he went as far as telling me that out of all the women he's been with she meant the most to him). Even more upsetting is how I still wanted him after this! Made me feel pathetic, not anymore he's been cut off! Who needs "friends" like these? He thought he was doing me a favor!

• I wouldn't. This EXACT same thing happened to me and I chose to stay friends. Our friendship is just not the same. I tried to forgive her, but honestly it still bothers me. I think its just best to sever all ties :(

• Depends on how it ended

• Hell 2 tha No

• I would not be friends with an ex regardless of who dumped who and how/why it happened.

As for you situation, I'm sure he wants you to crawl back to him. I doubt he just wants to be friends.

• Thanks! I still wanted him and had told him but he said he still loved that girl! I gained my self-respect back and told him that after thinking it through it's for the best I let him go! The he offers me his friendship!

What Girls Said 5

• I would be his friend again, but not until the feelings totally gone. well at least a social friend, he's not a good bf,doesn't mean he's not a good friend

• Nope. He is so not worth your time. Give the jerk a kick to the farthest curb you can find.

• yea I would be friends with an ex but only if it ended on good terms

• No. Only insecure girls are friends with guys who treated them like sh*t/dumped them

• True! I was still dealing with the raw emotions of being dumped that I pathetically wanted to hang on to him! Not anymore!

• i would be friends with the person as long as we clear up all our issues.