Boyfriend has cheated on MOST of his exes!!

So am I stupid or fair for wanting to give this guy a chance?

He has told me that he has slept with 6 girlfriends in the past.

Can people change or am I just an absolute idiot for wanting to believe in him?

sorry "he has told me that he has cheated on 6 of his girlfriends in the past"...

24

Most Helpful Guy

• A female friend of mine cheated on every boyfriend she had till her husband. And with him, she doesn't even consider it.

So its possible.

The question is, what's different? Does he understand why he cheated? What's different so that it won't happen now? If he's just 'grown up', that would make me nervous.

What Guys Said 3

• Hey,honestly I think you sound nice for this chance.People can change,but at the same time some things just stay the same.Depending on how well you know him,you can sort of tell.Just take his statement as a warning, he might make you the 7th.Or he could be telling the truth...watch out and ask him why he did,you could learn a lot from that question.

• thank you but I must say it's not easy at all trusting him but I really am trying. He wants to marry me but he has been engaged before so I am worried that he has more than likely professed to the gfs before me that he won't cheat on them either. he said the reason he cheated was because of a sexual urge so maybe he wasn't getting enough sex from them I don't know I'll have to ask him more.

• Sounds like he's not ready to settle down. Are you in a serious relationship with him?

• yep very serious, he wants to marry... I am finding it hard to accept his past.. it's so hard and consumes my energy :(

• Well if you're gonna get married, you have to leave the past in the past. If you guys even want a chance of a future, you'll have to look to the future not past.

• most people that have cheated on their previous ex's will cheat on you too. My ex girlfriend told me that she cheated on ever single on of her ex's(15), I was in love with her and thought that she wouldn't do it to me, but after 4 years I found out she was cheating with everyone from day one.

It' s up to you, but don't be surprised if he hurts you.

• This is the issue... it's the probability. Apparently it's a high risk given his past. I won't to trust him but I guess it's my own security that's the issue.. :(

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend cheated on ALL his ex girlfriends, he even had 2 girlfriends at once and I knew this getting together with him...up until just under a year ago he was sneaking around with multiple women...I have no proof if he has physically cheated but they way he talked to women was not right. I am still with him (cause I'm an idiot) but I would be careful if I were you. I believe they are capable of changing to some degree, but with guys like that it's almost like an addiction and they love the attention as well.

• Nope...Its not easy for them to change.He sounds like not ready to have serious/commitment relationship yet.If he can do to all his ex what is the guarantee that he won't do that to you? Don't take a risk unless if you are ready to get hurt.Some can change but its not that easy.

• i know what you mean. he believes that by telling me he is being honest as he wants to get married and settle down with me. I always think that if someone tells you something about themselves that is bad like ' I am a liar' then when they lie they turn around and say 'well you knew I was a liar, I told you'. this is such a hard predicament. I want to believe him but I don't want to get hurt.

• You can accept and give him a chance but you need to get ready your mind in case he cheats you one day.I didn't say he will,but its just a warn for you.Think wisely;)