If you become friend with a ex is there a possibility of rekindled love?

My ex wants to be friends again, even tho the first time failed because I still had feelings for him. I had talked to him once at a party, then ignored him. He then friend requested me on Facebook and I decided to chat with him. It was nice and he told me that he didn't want me to think of him as another jerk in my life. I gave him little hints that he was still important to me, and he said things like thanks, I admit I appreciated the good and bad times between us. Well my question is should I remain his friend or not?

Can I get him to fall in love with me again?
What gets me is why did he come back to become friends with me? It's been 6 months totally that we have been broken up, 3 of them was me trying. We were together for 2 years. I was fine without the idea, now I'm feeling sum emotions towards him, but I can control them.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• unfortunately going into this situation with the idea that maybe you could get him back will be the exact thing that keeps him from coming back. You can't change his mind and he's made up his mind. you will spend all this time talking with him and reminicing about that time you guys got caught in the rain and had to run home in bare feet and he'll spend it going "yeah that was great...so what are you doing?" and it's only going to dig the knife deeper. You're gonna remember when he was in love with you and how he talked to you then...it won't be that way. Until you can honestly look back and say yeah those times were great but now we're just friends. I wouldn't do it. it's only going to hurt you to be in love alone with this guy with him treating you as a friend.

What Guys Said 3

• Be careful for cupids arrows of poison, they can sting you know! "It's what we are trusted with the most we will hang on for a long time until somebody new enters our lives to bring joy and happiness once again that the past brought you back then."

• Eh, depends on if you can only be friends with him. I don't really do it because It's been to much time and emotions invested into that person already so, having that constant reminder is just a no for me.

• @Update anything is possible but that's if your willing to take the risk of him not returning the same feelings towards you.

• not a good idea, trust me. leave and don't look back. (at least for awhile)

What Girls Said 2

• if your feeling emotion towards him and he has only talked to you on Facebook, mayb being friends wil be too much for you...also don't let him kno you feel anything towards him because he will use it to his advantage and may take advantage of you when you are vulnerable...als you can make people fall in love again, it will either happen or it wont...just be careful with your feelings

• i meant to say 'cant make people fall in love'

• being friends is harmless, just be careful if you had strong feelings for him that you don't get them back

• but can I possibly get him back?