Has anyone's relationship been so very damaged but still worked it out?

i had an 8 year long relationship with him and the outcome was excruciating. neither of us had been hurt by another as we did to each other. there are so many things I wish I could take back and I'm sure he wishes he could take back things too. I love him so very much as I always have, but I feel the damage is so much, I wonder if we could ever be together again.

we are separated now.

has anyone ever reunited with someone after a very damaged relationship? how difficult is it?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• "The damage that is once done can only bring the both of you closer in understanding each other truly"

What Guys Said 3

• It is possible but if at any time you feel the trust is not there, then tell yourself the relationship is doomed, because you will waste many years trying to fix something that has been damaged beyond repair which is often the case in many betrayal acts, trust and loyalty are the foundations of a relationship, if these get hurt or damaged, then so much effort needs to be put in, most people just cannot bring themselves to trust each other again, good luck though, xx

• damn 8 years is a marriage

• My ex cheated on me in the midst of a two year relationship, broke up with me more times in the middle of it than I can remember, didn't appreciate me half the time...but we worked it out for another year and a half. In the end stress from her home life made her go and start dating someone else...

Hell wait now I got into a relationship where I am treated like one of the last options under the sun...

What Girls Said 0