What makes you cheat with someone?

My question is directed at men cheaters mainly. I'm not asking why you cheat on your girlfriends, but I'm asking what makes you cheat with the particular person?

What does this girl have your girlfriend doesn't?

Is she more attractive?

what makes you keep pursuing the other girl instead of the girlfriend?

210

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be because this girl is driving me crazy and I just want to touch her and feel her whole body.

This girl I would cheat with would probably be very popular with lots of friends, and a high reputation.

And yes, she would have to be more attractive too.

I would keep pursuing her because I probably couldn't get enough the first time, and I want more!

What Guys Said 9

• I personally never cheated on anyone, but I have been cheated on plenty of times. What would drive me to cheat is a numerous of things combined.

1. My girlfriend has cheated on me in the past and has a flirty nature.

2.She is very disrespectful/rude then can be seem to be innocent so I would forgive and forget, So off and on.

3. If she keeps talking about how guys can't keep their hands off her,etc.

4.Claims I'm just filler till the next guy shows up.

OF course I wouldn't be with her if she was saying all this crap to me in the first place, but if its in the long run, I might just try to repair the relationship, but that is wishful thinking.

• I have never cheated, but I do know that when something is offered to a bloke on a plate and its nice, its good, nothing else has room to activate the brain and say, but your wife or girlfriend is so much better than what your looking at, but to good men, that's all they feel, because their woman is the best there is, so cheating is not an option to them, and I believe its the loyalty chemical that's missing in some men, they just don't have enough of it.

• Nobody 'makes' us cheat. When a good woman comes after you sometimes you can't outrun them...it's not more complicated than that.

• Right, I'm not talking about literally "making" someone, because I feel like you can't make a guy cheat who doesn't want to cheat. I'm just asking, why a man will choose the girl he chooses.

• I haven't cheated on any one I was with. I have been the other guy though so I know a little about this.

It depends on what the person is looking for. Usually they pursue something they aren't getting in their relationship. And sometimes it is just to feel sexy again. They feel that their partner is obligated to tell them they are sexy but they don't actually see it. To some, that unknown is intoxicating. Exploring something new that can never happen again with their partner short of memory loss.

• I never cheated, and I don't know about my age group, but the vast majority of older, married men who cheat, cheat because they don't feel loved anymore by their wives.

• Ironically in psychology these are female based questions; when males cheat it's usually a level of availability that is more important than traits while for females it's the opposite.

• When I feel a need to cheat, I need to break up with the current girlfriend.

• Im afraid it has nothing to do with "what she has or doesn't have". its a case of I'm male and its its my natural instinct to tame and f*** every female that moves. 99.9% of men will cheat if they know they will get away with, and maybe 50% will still cheat regardless. its only "moral" social boundarys and propaganda from our recent society that have tried to rid us of our natural survival instincts. which of course can and will never happen. You can fool a woman into thinking that men don't want to f*** everyone but you can't fool a man into knowing. its life I'm afraid. People just don't like jealousy, and jealousy is a horrible feeling, especially jealousy of a threat over your partner, but all completely natural. People need to wake up and remember that we are just animals, and that we have all of a sudden got to smart for our own good. You can put a lion in a cage, but at the end of the day a lion is still a lion.

• But still, we have men who know they could probably get away with it and still don't cheat, presumably because they love their partners. I agree, that we still remain to have attractions to other people regardless of our commitment to other people, and only SOME of us act on it, while some of us do not.

I think it depends on the person on the circumstance and the person. Some of it is definitely opportunity, some of it is the girl just being new and different than what he has.

• you mean you have met men that claim to have never cheated. sure we have guilt, it may stop a few people I guess. instict over rules any morality or guilt though

• I have close male friends, as well as my brother who would tell me if they had cheated or would cheat again.

• There giving you something that's mising in your life or the other girl isn't providing.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't cheat. if I'm not into him any more I kick his ass to the curb and move on. cheating sucks

• Cheaters are cheaters. They don't need a reason or a trigger to cheat. They can make up a million excuses, yet all are nonsense. They want because they can.