Why doesn't he want to break up?

We are in a long distance relationship. We have only been together for 3 months. He was very much into me in the beginning. Then one day he started complaining that I barely answer the phone when he calls and he did all the calling. I didn't agree with him but I made sure that I made every effort to call him more. So once that happened, HE stopped calling. And if I wouldn't call, he'd complain about why he hadn't heard from me. I feel like if he really wants to talk to me, he would call without question! So it makes me feel like he's not sincerely interested because phone calls should be a no brainer it shouldn't be monitored and things should flow naturally. When I brought this up to him, NOTHING changed and he even refused to listen to how I feel (which makes me even more discouraged about him). I told him we may as well be friends if he's not interested in even talking to me on the phone, which in our case is absolutely necessary since we rarely see each other. That in addition to his lack of concern for how I feel. He keeps insisting we stay together, and he calls more but now it's awkward and just seems so forced. When we are on the phone we barely even speak and texts are short I just feel like I'm irritating him. I just feel like why keep going when nothing is progressing?

11

What Guys Said 1

• If it is that big of a hassle and stresseor in your life break off the realtionship yourself, there is no reason for you to be so confused about a guy who you have been with for three months and you never get to see.

What Girls Said 1

• Dump him. If he wants to stay with you he should show you, and he hasn't done a good job of that thus far. If he doesn't want to, that's his problem. This is your life, so if you're not happy with it then there isn't any reason to stick around.