At what point do you break-up?

If you know your relationship isn't going to be long term. You guys don't get along or have different interests or whatever. Do you break-up right away and move on? or do you wait it out and see how things go?

I've already tried to break up with him. He just called me the next day and acted like nothing happen and wanted to hang out. We talked and stayed together but I know deep down this isn't going to last but I still like hanging out with him right now...is horrible to keep seeing him even though I know it won't get any more serious? Or should I just end it and hope he'll still want to be friends?

Your thoughts?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people build there relationships around fighting. I have friends that do it all the time and have been married for 15 years and are happy I think. =p But, when you realize that its over and you are just kind of hanging around because, well its fun then you are leading the relationship and him on a long line of heartache. I say get it over with and be done with it because its better sooner then later. But, if there is some way you think maybe it can advance to another level then waiting isn't bad for either of you.

But, 5 years down the road and nothing--well you wasted 5 years for nothing. Just my opinion.

Good Luck,

What Guys Said 4

• yeah, let him know that you feel as if the both of you have become good friends and not boyfriend and girlfriend and that it now feels weird and uncomfortable, and that you really hope that you two can still be friends and hangout, this should be the painless way to breakup, but if you dont, I think you might ruin the chance to remain friends very soon, good luck,x

• It depends on how much you like him. IF you do't break up, start pressuirng him to deepen the relationship. Either he'll walk away or he'll give in on this. Either way, you've passed a milestone.

• If I was him, I wouldn't want to be strung along, in fact, I would hate that (less chance of being friends after).

• If I really think my relationship isn't going to be long term.I think I'd like break-up right away.cause I think we have no right to waste the time of others...

What Girls Said 1

• I don't breakup until I make sure I tried everything to work things out. If I'm the only one making effort and he couldn't care less, then I'm out.

Months ago I had to breakup with my ex because he was narcissistic and I couldn't take the bad treatment anymore.

When I make up my mind, it's of no return. I definitely wouldn't take him back.

I think you shout sit yourself and think seriously if you want him anymore or not. Life is too short to be unhappy too long. If you made effort to work things out and you feel like nothing more could be done whilst you're still unhappy, then leave. It's better this way for both of you.