Would you dump a guy for not crying at a wake?

My best friend and some Japanese I knew died in the earthquake in Japan. I left the day before for Okinawa. The last thing I said to him was that life is cheap in war.

During the wake I stayed quiet and didn't express anything. I didn't go to the funeral because I dislike churches. The girl I had been dating for a month broke up with me. She said I'm empty and a freak and that I don't really care about her or my friend or anyone else. It hurt a lot but I told her to do what she wanted. I cried a lot when I visited his grave alone.

60

Most Helpful Girl

• No, and it was silly of her to. I guess you're probably better off without her.

What Girls Said 5

• that was wrong for her to do, she just didn't understand you enough yet. People greive in their own ways, there are plenty of people who can't for many reasons express their sadness in front of others

• people express themselves differently.. just because you don't do it publicly doesn't mean you have no emotion.. she just couldn't see that

• She didn't dump you because you didn't cry. She dumped you because you don't have emotions.

• No she is crazy and I would never break up with a guy for that

• Is that girl on crack? In some cultures, it's looked down upon to cry at funerals. Just saying..but No, never would I break up with someone because he didn't cry at a wake. That would be stupid.

What Guys Said 0