What are the rules for being on a break?

Ok so my boyfriend and I are on a break since we hardly ever see each other because he lost his job and doesn't have money for gas. So I'm just wondering what the "rules" are for being on " break" I guess.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• if you mean on a break as in like a temporary breakup/ separation, then this is what me & an ex did when we went on a break. We didn't contact each other as much unlike b4, and we agreed that it was okay to go on dates with other ppl. It helped for the moment, but we split for a totally different reason, had nothing 2 do with the other people we saw.

• well we have a son together so that's like impossible to not stayin contact

What Guys Said 2

• Agree with 'Mysterious1'

• Unless you guys have stated rules then there really are none. Just be careful of his deal breakers.

Like if he said he would never date anyone who did drugs, I wouldn't suggest doing drugs. etc.

• ok sounds good I would never do drugs (he doesn't like that anyway)

What Girls Said 2

• Those words mean different things to different people. Probably your best bet is to talk to him and ask what exactly is or isn't okay to do, and come to an agreement

• it means you're taking the time to find yourself and what you really want