Cheating - is it a 'mistake', 'decision', or neither? would you cheat if you were still in love?

These are only "prompts" you can answer any way you'd like.

1) what is your definition of cheating?

2) would you ever consider cheating on your current/future significant other?

3) under what circumstances would you cheat?

4) would you ever consider being a home wrecker (the one cheated with)?

5) under what circumstances would you be a home wrecker?

5) would you try to justify your cheating/home wrecking?

6) have you ever been cheated on?

7) have you ever cheated on someone?

8) what is your overall view of cheating? is it always unacceptable? what about in certain situations?

In my opinion, cheating is intolerable and I would never give a guy a second chance if he cheated on me.

44

Most Helpful Guy

• i would define cheating as following just bear with me it might be long one define cheating as follows she have sex with another guy while she is in a relationship,she kisses aka french kiss another guy while she is in a relationship,she sleeps with another guy while she is in a relationship,she flirts with another guy in front of her boyfriend,she sleeps around while her boyfriend is working supporting both of them. I would never ever cheat on my future significant other I'm not a cheater and I never will be a cheater yes I have been cheated on and no I never cheat on anyone. And I never will be a cheater so overall I view it as unacceptable I will have no choice but I would break up with her I never give her another chance she will have only one chance if she blew it that's it I'm done I will break up with her and she will never hear from me ever again I hope this answer your question if you got anything to ask me or if you got any questions you like to ask me feel free to ask me and I will see if I can answer your question.

What Guys Said 3

• cheating in the heat of the moment is probably the easiest to forgive, and actual relationship with someone, or a prolonged affair would not be so much. If the girl told me out of her own guilt, and not because she thought I was about to find out anyway, and was willing to do whatever it took to win back my trust, I'd give her a chance. I think this because you can always wonder if she is or has or would cheat, but if she is all sorts of guilt filled, you know this isn't something she is OK with herself, and she values honesty to you enough to put herself through confessing and earning forgiveness rather than lying to avoid any issues. I would say that a woman would do well to do the same with a guy who comes clean on his own and who genuinely feels terrible about it.

• I've been in relationships that were ending and even then I did not cheat, because I have principles.

I think the only time cheating "justified" is when it's an open relationships based on long-distance, such as a boyfriend or girlfriend going off for a year to study or work and they both understand they will have intimacy desires.

Otherwise I would always break-up with a woman that cheated on me, and cut her out of my life forever.

• presonally I am in love with my girlfriend and I know the old saying "all guys are dogs"which in the past maybe I was but I feel stronger for this girl than I ever have any other and there's no way I would ever cheat on her.

What Girls Said 4

• #1.)desition,u decise if cheat,its up to u,if you wanna loose something iternal,for something tempererly...

#2.)HELL NO...

#3.)Nothing ,even if my partern cheats on me,i wouldn't cheat on him just to get him back...i would just brake up with him,and move on...

#4.)NOT EVEN...y destroy another familiee?

#5.)no#5.)no

#6.)no,but I kbow its gonna happen someday...:(

#7.)no...if I like someone else I would just brake up with the one I have...

#8.)i hate cheaters...once a cheater always a cheater...no matter what the situation is/was,its ALWAYS"unacceptible...

• Jesus christ learn to f***ing spell.

• soooorrrriiieeee...im not a f***en dictionary...sh*t...but its u...learn how to read what I put or don't read it at all...

• someone once said

"Anything you've done, that you would NOT tell your partner, is cheating"

I think cheating is doing something when you say you won't. the Principle of the matter.

Emotional infidelity means the most to me, Physical not so much.

I have slept with other people while in this current relationship, I don't feel like I'm cheating, because emotionally I'm still intact. Granted, I wouldn't tell him, for obvious reasons.

I put it down to him that he can sleep with whomever he chooses, so long as his heart belongs to me. I expect the same courtesy from him.

I would sleep with someone when I feel I need to. Ie my boyfriend denies me sex to prove a point, because he's being inconsiderate, or he's making excuses. Your partner should never withhold anything from you purposely.

• I f***ing hate girls that do that. sleep with guys while you're in a relationship... girls like that deserve to f***ing die.

• 1) what is your definition of cheating?

Sexual physical contact with another person (including kissing)

no

never, I can't think of cheating ever being justifiable.

4) would you ever consider being a homewrecker (the one cheated with)?

no

5) under what circumstances would you be a homewrecker?

none

5) would you try to justify your cheating/homewrecking?

no

6) have you ever been cheated on?

nope

7) have you ever cheated on someone?

nope

I don't see how cheating can be justified. I think it's a decision. When a person begins a relationship with someone it's decision, right, not a mistake. You know exactly what you're doing, same goes when you cheat. You know what you're doing, you're making a conscious decision to do it.

• I was in a 2 year relationship with who I thought would be my first and last love. I cheated on him while drunk at a uni party. It can happen. I didn't mean it and I wish it never happened but it did and I regret it and I told him immediately. I don't know where the relationship is going now...he's taking time apart to think.

• did you guys end up getting back together? a very similar situation just happened to me

• we did end up getting back together after about 2 weeks