Why does guy care about my opinion?

So I've been hanging out with my ex fling a lot lately. He takes me to dinner and we hang out at his apartment alone til like 1 am. I broke up with him then Because I wasn't ready to be in a serious relationship. But now I'm secretly starting to like him again. One night he called me and told me that he found out his girlfriend is texting & planning on going out with her ex's. After telling me everythig he asked me if he should break up with her! I honestly thought he was overreacting since his girlfriend was only PLANNING to go out with her ex's when he is already taking me out! (as "friends" I guess) So I told him to give her another chance but he really wanted to break up with her. I begged him to stay with her even tho it kills me inside! Because I knew it was the right thing to do! He just told me " I guess I'll stay with her for a bit and see what happens, I guess it should get better in a few days". So is he doubting the relationship? Why do you think he cares so much about my opinion on whether he should or shouldn't break up with her? And why is he leaning more towards breaking up with her?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Props to you for having the maturity to put his happiness above your own. I think he was trying to bait you into asking him to come back. It seems as if he is in fact having doubts about the relationship and is looking for a reason to try to get back with you.

What Girls Said 1

• he trusts your opinion