Or do you think its a waste of time? Would you consider it? Especially if you're good friends with that ex? Or would you not want to risk ruining a perfectly good friendship...

106

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the terms.

If we broke up because of unfavorable circumstances (such as distance), then I would consider it.

If we broke up over arguments or the fact we just don't seem to click, then no.

What Guys Said 5

• 'DAting' implies more than fdship, so if you are determined not to go beyond that, you shouldn't be dating him.

Having lunch or coffee together, if it's understood that it;s only frinedship, is a different matter.

But you can't call it a date and then get upset if makes a pass.

• if its over constant fights/cheating then no. what's done is done. seems like the fights would only get bigger the second time anyways. both people are always gonna wonder who the other person was seeing or doin in the mean time. bad recipe.

• First thing to remember is that people don't change. So whatever reason you two broke up over will still be there.

• Exes get back together on occasion...but the odds are not good...the more usual scenario is to move on...

• i would NEVER date my ex again... fuuuuuck that haha

What Girls Said 10

• I think a lot of the times some of the old issues come up.

Friendship is different, because you can separate from it. A friendship can have several major flaws and mismatches but still be a good friendship. Things like that in a relationship are a big deal

• I am with Stitches, me and my ex broke up because of bad circumstances, and now we are back together... unfortunately those bad circumstances haven't changed..

• Distance?

• hmm... If you ever wanna talk I'm open to it. Sounds rough :-\

• Thank u,I appreciate that. I go through phases.. really low lows and really high highs. Unfortunately the highs never last as long as the lows. I hope moving out will help, but this is probably something I'll deal with my whole life.

• For me it would depend on what our past relationship was like and how we broke up :P If we were still friends then I'd probably consider it :)

Cute Domo profile pic by the way ^.^ awwww :3

• i would normally say no, but I think it really depends. my ex and I are working on things now and we both really care about each other. a lot of things happened to make us break up...but things are going great right now

• They're an ex for a reason.

No, I would not.

• I have done it and as of now I wouldn't do it I lost my boyfriend and my best friend...And it has been a whole year later and I'm still a little heartbroken over losing my best friend... Because when it come down to it him being my best friend was way better then being my boyfriend.

• If you truly care about the other, then give it another try. Everyone learns from their mistakes. Maybe it just wasn't the right time for the two of you in the past. Just take it slow. =) Good luck.

• Of course it's possible but if your ex was someone who gets into relationship after relationship then probably not. If you were his one true love then maybe.

• Depends on how we broke up.I don't make friends anymore with my ex once I broke up but if I see them somewhere I still smile.

• It didn't work the first time, so I doubt it'll ever work.. So nope never.