Is breaking all ties with the person you used to be in a relationship considered immature?

Basically, I broke up with my girlfriend for many reasons (main reason being she and I are in two different points in our lives, she's too immature, and she cheated on me). So to stop thinking about her, I erased her from my life until I come to terms with the breakup. I restricted her on Facebook and stopped following her blog. When she found out she messaged me saying I was a hypocrite for calling her immature since doing this since was immature. I don't think it is though, I think the best way to get over someone is to block them out of your life for a while. What do you think?

67

Most Helpful Guy

• she is of no use to you, so there's no reason to hold on. she just wants to have some power over you. she wants to feel desired and like she can have you back if she wanted to. turn the page on her.

What Girls Said 6

• You are absolutely right! It is the only way to truly move on. You are doing the right thing.

• She also commented that I'm blogging about what a bad decision I was and all sorts of other nasty stuff (since I blocked her from seeing my blog). I hate when people ASSume things (I actually haven't even used my blog since we broke up). Even after the breakup she continues to prove my point of her being immature, lol.

• Sorry, meant to say "what a bad decision she was"

• You got it! Don't look back..

• I agree with you and she just further proved her immaturity...

• I think you did the right thing. Keeping contact with an ex will just make it harder for you to move on, and result in unnecessary drama.

• no. you did right.

• I think it's necessary

• I know sometimes no matter what the reason for the break up, it's hard to be reminded of that person. Whenever I end things with a guy I always end up totally erasing him from my life. Phone, email, Facebook, pictures, everything. If not, it just makes it harder.

What Guys Said 6

• You did the right thing.

You may want to remind yourself that what she says about you is not actually a good, impartial assessment of your character.

• Burning down all bridges to her makes things easier to move on. I suppose it's much easier to do if you have no more feelings left for her. It wasn't a hypocritical move

• no its actually very mature and respectful to your next partner

• i agree with your decision, but if you need me to take her off your hands just let me know. I've got room.

• believe me, you wouldn't want to deal with that kind of baggage. I think the only person who could possibly have more baggage would be a prostitute.

• Yeah but I look at it like this: Any girl I date from here on will be better than her, since she set the bar so low. XD

• Your absolutely right but don't erase her only for a while, you do it for good & forget about her. A lot of women are use to all these losers that come crying back. Don't be one of those, ignore her so she realizes she was only an option, 1 you can do without!

• Most of the times it depends on situation. But in your case, I think it is right.