How do you get over your first love?

How do you get over your first love? I've tried to it's just hard.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• i've only just got over my first love and I'll still always care about and miss him that's something you have to accept.

the only two ways that ACTUALLY work are

acceptance - accepting the relationship is over and he's never coming back (no games like no contact, or turning up at places he will be etc) all this makes it worse, think of it like a death you accept the fact he's gone, mourn him and then you'll be free to move on, I can't stress enough how important this is.

time, I know it sucks but time is a healer, and eventually you WILL get over this.

in the meantime they are lots of methods to soften the blow

going out with friends

hanging out with other guys (not exactly dating but realising there's other amazing guys out there helps)

music, sad, happy, goofy (let all your emotions out)

talk (I tell you this from experience the more you talk about it its kind of self soothing and EVENTUALLY you will realize that you deserve better.

make overs, reinventing yourself really works, new haircut, clothes etc looking hot in the process always helps.

exercise, releases endorphins which make you happy, as does chocolate

but remember this...you think he is the one, and you'll never find another that will compare, if he was the one why would he leave you or hurt you like this? answer being he wouldn't. He is just preparing you for something better that's waiting around the corner, so keep smiling things will get better

What Guys Said 2

• It is probably the hardest thing you will ever face. The only thing you can really do is to remove him from your mind. Try to do other activities to distract yourself from having your thoughts wander there.

Looking at photos is bad even if it gives you a little bit of comfort. Also, DO NOT stalk him and see whatever he is doing. You will tend to over analyze everything you see at this point. That is bad. Don't do it.

Because one day, when you least expect it, you will meet someone new who will be able to replace his place in your heart.

• If I could do two best answers you would be the other one!

• You need to distract yourself from thinking about him, not look at pictures of him, not stay updated with what he's doing, not hear about him from friends, nothing. Don't look at anything that would remind you of him, and in time, you'll forget and find someone else.

What Girls Said 4

• dunno. I'm still working on it.

• with time

• well I don't think that one does, I think one learns to accept it

• delete them off your phone...not having to scroll past their name will make you feel better than you think, block them or delete them off of Facebook do you really want to know what they're doing or is it just going to hurt to know they're moving on? contact all the friends you've been ignoring while spending all your time with him and make plans with them. fill up your day with activities. at night watch something funny on TV till you fall asleep. do NOT watch sad movies or listen to sad songs. do things with your family and extended family.

all these things will help.