How would you interpret this statement?

I invited an older friend of mine out to dinner one night after an event we participated in and got on the subject of an ex girlfriend of mine that I wasn't (and maybe still not completely) over, and he said, "Maybe it's not my place, but I never felt as though [insert name here] was sharp enough for you." And I feel like it's a bit late to ask him what he meant (since this was a few weeks ago) but it's been on my mind recently, so now I'm turning to you folks.

Any ideas? Sharp is such a broad term, someone can dress/appear sharp, stylish, attractively, but then there's the other meaning of the term as in someone being intelligent, or quick thinking.

50

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe he was trying to encompass all of those characteristics into one word. I would interpret he meant she was not good enough for you.

• I think typically someone who says sharp in that context, without being specific about dress, etc., is referring to a person's intelligence/potential, but it would be a guess for anyone who isn't the person who actually said it.

• i took it as..she wasn't smart enough/up to your level of intelligence

• Sharp in those terms generally means intelligence although when people say it about exs it can refer to there level of common sense - in other words kind of bimboish?

What Guys Said 0