Moving away to cope with problems, is it a bad idea?

my ex has been constantly affecting my mental and emotional well being since 2 years ago. I should have put a stop to it then but my mistake was letting myself be carried along. I was diagnosed with depression but I kept quiet about it to most people. now its getting to a state where even as acquaintances our r/s is strained because of trust issues and her not wanting to confront me before jumping to conclusions and getting mad and insulting me about things I'm unaware of. I guess I just needed her around because when things were good I was really happy. but as I'm growing I realize I can't continue with this no matter how empty my life is going to feel without her in it.

I've just been thinking about my life here and how I have nobody to turn to and I was thinking maybe I need a change of environment and perspective. I've had too much bad history and memories here and maybe moving away and starting anew may do me good. do you think its a good idea or am I just running away?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• i can relate I was in the same boat, but I didn't move away even though I had the money at the time, now I don't have the money. moving away is a great idea, just being away from her, and not being able to see her will allow the walls in your mind to come down, the world is a big place and there are many people to meet, however sometimes, as in your case, and mine we end up getting trapped in a particular, negative way of thinking and behaving. My advice is move away, for at least 6 months, it will give you a chance to change things up. like the saying says, "if nothing changes, nothing changes". A change, such as moving will make a positive difference. if you can afford it, do it. Remember, you can always return, you are not running, you are simply changing strategies, sometimes that is smart. good luck.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Take a vacation. If you can start to feel better in a couple weeks, then yeah moving might be a good option for you. If you don't really have a support system that you'd be leaving behind, or anything important tying you down, then what do you have to lose?

• Hey, man. I know this is advice from a 16 year old, and you might not be willing to take it serious. But, if you're being hurt from living somewhere, move. My friend(since we were 3), had a pretty bad dad. He didn't pay child costs and all that, he was constantly drinking etc. So, his mom got a divorce and they moved across the country. My friend is living his life great, and his mom loves the place they live. They now have a lot of good friends, a newer life, and are living it how they want, without overly average pain in their lives. So, if it's hurting you so much, go for it. But make sure you really think through your decisions first. Because you really wanna be smart with how you choose what you're going to do. Hope I helped at least a little. Bonne chance avec la vie, mon ami!