Is it OK to keep in contact with an ex?

WE broke up just over 2 weeks ago, I'm devastated and so is he. I still love him and he claims he loves me. I am missing him so much, is it OK to tell him?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I would give it time. Speaking from experience, an ex can still be a great friend, especially if you were close during the relationship. Wait until you don't have feelings anymore unless you're looking to get back with him. It will be hard to keep those feelings from coming back, so you may get hurt anyway. My ex and I had a very tough breakup about a year and a half ago, and I still sometimes feel like I could love him again. So just be careful if you choose to keep contact with him. Also be careful with guys you might be interested in, a lot of guys are suspicious of ex-boyfriends as 'just friends'.

What Guys Said 3

• You only get one chance, probably, to tell him before he's gone for good. Don't delay. It might ot work to get you back together, but what have you got to lose?

• my pride! plus really hard to take to rejection agian, miss his as my best friend as well as my lover

• NOt really tthat good, he text again said he was thinking about me, nothing since : (

• You might want to gently remnd him that you are dying to hear from him!

• your breakup is still fresh and I wouldn't suggest keeping in touch with an ex while you're still harboring feelings for them. get closure, take time apart and if its in your future maybe you both can be friends again. you need time to heal

• on another note, if he really does still have feelings for you and getting back together is not out of the question then go ahead and talk things through but be direct with what you want so you don't get strung along

• in my experience, I don't do that...is better just to move on..

What Girls Said 2

• If you are still emotionally attached to your ex, staying in contact may work against you in the moving on process. A lot of people confuse "being friendly" with staying in touch in hopes of getting back together. Regardless, of if you want to be with this person or not, you need to take some time, Time to understand why the break up occurred. What did you learn from this? What will keeping in touch with your ex do for you? We all miss someone but it's when you let go of them, is when you see how much they really care about you.

You can't choose who you love, but you can choose How you love. How you want this person to love you is up to you.

I'd go with strong person who knew she deserved better, but that's just me.

• I really loved my ex and I always took him back after we broke up and I can tell you the same problems always came back up. I don't think its a good idea at all and I had to learn the hard way. I'm glad were not together now. I'm much happier. It might work out for you guys but I personally don't think you should.