Why can't I just accept it as a lesson learned and move on?

About this time last year I started really getting to know this girl I liked through year 12 at high school. We ended up dating for a few months but she dumped me because I was too self centered. Prior to dating her she questioned how me and her had never met because I was so different from other guys and she really liked me. But while we were dating I really changed. I consider myself and am told by other people that I'm a really nice guy who is always there to offer support and help if needed. I do volunteer work and fundraising events because I like helping people and I am generally just a happy person. When I was dating her I started posting depressing statuses on Facebook to which I didn't explain why when she questioned me. I always withdrew myself when she wasn't showing me any attention and blamed it on her and pinned it on her withdrawing from me, not showing any affection and making excuses when she had to cancel plans. It really confuses me to this day why I acted this way. I really liked this girl and she liked me back because of who I was, but when we started dating I acted like a completely different person. After she dumped me things just got worse, I sank pretty low, got upset and angry and started drinking a lot and smoking weed which in turn lead to me ranting about her to our friends and of course it got back to her. And one night I even deleted her off Facebook. Since then things have gotten better, I've joined the gym, am more confident with myself and have figured out what I want to do with my life. But thinking about the way I acted when I had this girl with an amazing personality really confuses and upsets me to do this day. Why am I feeling this way, why can't I just accept it as a lesson learned and move on. I don't have much to do with her anymore anyway, the only time we ever talk is once every few months when we bump into each other at uni and say hello.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you still have feelings for her and think that you had a great girl by your side and can't forgive yourself for loosing her. Maybe you wish things could have been different between you two that today you could still be together.

What Girls Said 1

• its unresolved cos maybe you want to oknow how she feels about you...and whether she still llikes you the way you do

What Guys Said 1

• Same exact dillema here bro. I met the perfect girl, and she even told me I was the perfect boy for her. It's been months, and I'm still thinking about her everyday...