Can you always tell if your boyfriend/girlfriend is cheating?

Would it be possible that they could be cheating but still act like they always have? Or will they have a noticeable change in the way they act?

83

Most Helpful Girl

• From the cheating situations I have witnessed over the years, it depends on what is going on but, yes, usually there will be signs. One friend had the classic things happen, like finding another woman's earrings in the car she shared with her husband. A boss of a friend, a man in his late 30's, all of a sudden was dressing a lot better and lost weight. He ended up leaving his wife for the woman he was cheating with.

So, to me, if your partner is all of a sudden taking better care of themselves and has changes in their habits, like spending a lot of time away from you, not answering your calls and texts when they normally were good at it, it could be a sign but it would also have to be combined with the two of you being emotionally distant. For instance, not having sex very often, not talking like good friends, already not being people that hung out often. Some people can wake up and want to improve themselves without it being a sign they are cheating.

The friend of mine who found another woman's earrings in her car knew deep down something was going on, but she did not want to face it. Gut instinct is valuable. We were all out on a weekend retreat for work when she finally snapped and we realized she knew he was up to something but had been denying it. She was trying to call him (this is back before cell phones) on a land line and couldn't reach him and blew up saying that he must be with his girlfriend. We were shocked. I think it still took another 6 months or so before she left him.

What Girls Said 7

• It's interesting how so far that the guys have answered with "no" and the girls are all saying "yes."

Generally, guys aren't very good at hiding that stuff. They may think they are, but their behavior screams otherwise. Women's gut instinct/intuition is also pretty accurate. Most of the time when women feel that deep down, something is going on, chances are that they're right. ...well I'd have to say the exception would be the ones who are control freaks with issues. You know the kind- assume EVERYTHING that their SO is doing is cheating. But that's another discussion.

But overall, you notice the behavior change. Or suddenly they're working a lot more than they used to, but leave out details and keep it vague. They're either overly affectionate or the affection drops off the chart.

Either way, the behavior can be pretty obvious that SOMETHING is going on.

• Yes I know when someone is cheating on me, clues could be they kiss you differently, spend less time with you, they don't want to talk on the phone with you, they act different around you, sometimes start fights with you about small things, they dress better than they did with you. Their body language too is different, they don't want to touch you.

• No, not always

• No, I don't think that you can.

• i think so, you get a gut feeling something is off, behavior is different, they way they can't look you in the eyes, sometimes just reading a persons face reveals everything.

• no you can't. unfortunately

• yes, when I cheated I dressed better, was gone for long periods of time, acted real nice for weeks, and was texting or calling in private when he was around

What Guys Said 3

• I think it entirely depends on the person. Some people will be different if they feel guilty, but others might not feel any remorse at all. Incidentally is your name as in the mountain?

• Nah not necessarily. It's different from person to person.

This article is about "personality traits of a cheating spouse";

w.signsofacheatingspouse.net/personality_traits_of_cheating_spouse.php

• No you cant,

You might be able to feel it but can't be sure