How do you mend a broken heart?

My brother committed suicide, I miss him so much, I thought I was getting better, but then his school called asking why he wasn't at school, obviously no1 had told the school what happened. I felt so upset after them sounding not even concerned or sad about it, they didn't care, my heart is shattered and its not healing. My councillor isn't helping me no matter how much I talk to him. I have pictures of my brother in every room in the house, his friends come over and talk about him, but nothing is helping me, my parents seem happy his gone. Please help

it was the bullies and his schools fault for what he did, he was bullied and the schoolm did nothing

32

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll never stop missing him, he's your brother. There are, however, ways to make it easier. If your counselor is not helping, it's time to try a therapist or a psychological. Your parents are not happy he is gone, they are merely dealing with their grief differently. If they were to be a total mess around you, it would only make it harder for you to move on from it, it's a parenting skill. There are no magic words to take the sting away, you just have to do what's right for you. Try drawing, or writing, both are good vent activities.

• they hated my brother and my sister, now they are both gone. they hated him, they favored me they always said he was a mistake and that he never mattered, they have said that his whole life. I'm having nothing to do with my parents.

What Girls Said 2

• I understand what you're going through. I had someone really close to me commit suicide years ago. You really can't expect people to understand... even though they might sound cold, they're really not. It seems that everyone just aren't getting it and are not acting the way you are expecting to... but honestly, we all grieve differently and on top of that our point of view of how we read people becomes a bit warped. It helps to talk to people who are or did go through this before. Talk about this, spill your heart out until there's nothing left and then you'll finally be able to move on. If you ever just want someone to chat with, I'm open. Best of luck. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

• I am so sorry about that. If my sister was gone from my life in ANY way. I would be distraught.

I think the best thing to do is have goals and just to stay focused on them. You have to create yourself a tunnel vision state of mind.

What Guys Said 2

• Sorry to hear this.

Best advice is to concentrate on your life. Get things done, make your life better. In time, things will be different.

• thanx, I just feel so lone no1 seems to care that my little 16 year old brother is dead.

• Not even going to pretend I have any idea what to do. If my brother did that I'd be a hysterical mess. Keep as occupied as I can, I suppose. I'm afraid it's going to take nothing but time to truly help you with this.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family dude.

• my family don't care. there all mormons and they believe suiside is nothing but a sin and that he is worthless. no1 in the family besides me came to the funeral, and I was the one who payed for it. I just keep telling myself that its all just a dream wen I go to bed and that he will be there wen I wake up, sure it hurts in the morning wen he's not there but it hels me sleep. and some people think I shldnt b called a man because I'm 'weak' and cry

• Well, that's a load of sh*t. You should cry did. If you didn't it would pretty f***ed up if you ask me. Mormans are kind of weird (no offense to anyone here who may be Morman). Like, if I had kids, I wouldn't even let them talk to Mormans.

You're normal my friend. Keep grieving in your own way. F***what anyone tells you that isn't supportive and f*** anyone who thinks guys shouldn't cry under certain circumstances.