Should I move on from girl?

Hi,

I will try to keep this short. I've been in love with my best friend since the first day we met, which was many years ago. Last summer I decided that I was going to tell her how I really feel, after waiting 2 years for her first relationship to end. However I found out that I'm too late because she's already with someone else.

I told myself I was gonna wait again, no matter how long because it was worth it. I did wait, I haven't dated anyone, going on 6 months now, just in case I get the chance to tell her again. But, it's been harder than I thought it'd be because it seems like she's forgotten all about me ever since she met this new guy. No more late night 3 hour phone calls, random texts. Nothing at all, it's like I don't even know her anymore, and I don't know what changed. But despite all that, I still wanted to wait.

But the hardest part is that there's someone that's making me happy now and my whole family absolutely loves her too. We're not dating or anything, but I swear she's the sweetest girl you'll ever meet... She brings me lunch to work, takes care of my baby sister when I'm not around, leaves me notes to read on my windshield, stood up for me when a guy tried to scam me of 5 bucks lol, serious wifey material.

So now, I'm torn between the first girl I've ever loved and the new girl that's easily making me fall in love. What would you do in my situation, leave the girl you first fell in love with or wait for her again?

Thanks for reading that super long question! :)

44

Most Helpful Guy

• This is really difficult question. To answer this, one will have to be in your shoes no matter what. Let see this case by case

- First case: you were with this previous girl for no less than two years but did not tell her anything. You also claim you liked her from the day one. Now see this in this way that she was also with for two years. There was certainly a reason behind this. Now you must admit that you missed the opportunity to tell her about your feelings. Now that she is gone, you are realizing it now. But she does not care.

- Second case: While you may not love this new girl, she is certainly making impacts on you. The hardest part was your family but she has already conquered it. Lets see it in this way: she like you / your family and you are beginning to like her. You also like some random girl in the past who does not care about you because of your own mistake.

-----My Opinion

What's gone is gone. Don't make that mistake again. Otherwise you are gonna end up in some mental hospital.

• You're right. What am I doing waiting for someone that treats me like an option, when someone special is right in front of me. I'm not sure if she likes me cause she models and could pick any guy she wants. But I think it's at least worth a shot, thanks for clearing everything up. :)

• btw, this does not matter but you might want to let this prev girl know that you waited for her almost 6 months, after you start a new phase with this new girl. Its good to let someone know that someone liked him/her in the past. :)

What Girls Said 4

• Most girls are under the impression that the guy will wait if they are really in love. I've been in love for the longest time now and I feel that this type of issue will work itself out. They usually do. Just remember, they're both wonderful.

• I know how you feel about waiting around for someone that you really care about. However, it kinda bothers me that she already put herself with someone else after she broke up with her old boyfriend. I'm sure this first girl is great, but I think you should move on and see where things go with your new friend. It could turn out to be something wornderful.

• go with the new girl. don't wait around for something that's not really there with the old friend girl. also, the new girl obviously really likes you...your 'friend' just seems like she uses you and then completely ignores you when she doesn't need your companionship anymore.

• i think you should move on keep the girl you your falling in love with now

What Guys Said 3

• this second girl sounds better, the first one doesn't want to be with you or she would already, stop waiting don't torture yourself

• Date this new girl... The other girls is obviously not waiting for you and she seems to be living her own life so you should do the same

• Waiting months or years for someone works great on TV and in the movies... not so much in real life. You shouldn't put your dating life on hold for someone who isn't even available. Are you interested in the new girl? If so, you should ask her out; she sounds like a keeper.