Who was the first person who broke your heart?

And why? What happened?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never given someone my heart to break. When/if I do, it will be to someone who I am sure (or as sure as possible) wouldn't break it.

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.” - C.S. Lewis

What Guys Said 3

• My first girlfriend. I was crazy about her (actually I think I was just crazy about the thought of having a girlfriend) We were together for a few months. Then she ended it, probably because I wasn't assertive and confident enough. In her defense, I was a real big pansy back then. I took it hard. Didn't date for the rest of high school.

• A real big pansy?

• I don't think it was a good reason to breakup with you. That is how a gentleman would act like, in my opinion.

• Well, everything happens for a reason.

• My first big crush in middle school. It was my fault because I was too hung up on her, and I watched her have her various boyfriends and whatnot.

So yeah, my fault but it was because of her. She did some bad things to me but that was after the middle school times.

• My first true girlfriend...we broke up to meet new people in college, but she changed for college and I havent, it makes me sad :( its like I never meant anything to her...

What Girls Said 3

• The funny thing about this guy is that there's no reason why I should be so heart broken over him because we weren't together that long. But I fell for him almost instantly and fell hard. I thought we had a connection, and chemistry. I was clearly wrong. Looking back, all the signs were there, I just turned a blind eye at the time. He was always flaky, everything was on his terms, compromise wasn't in his vocab. But I put up with all that because I liked him. I was stupid

• First boyfriend, his name was Matt, we worked together and he was really into me and I never thought I'd get feelings back, but I did and I ended up in love with him (although I never told him) he told me he loved me. I was extremely innocent I was year 11 (16 going on 17) and I had kissed one boy I would say that Matt manipulated me for a lot of sexual stuff including taking my virginity, we were together for 6 months and then one day I texted him and he never replied so I called him few days later and he hung up on me then after a month of cat and mouse he was like 'im done with you' - you have seen it then that he was a d***head but no I stayed in love with him for a good year, didn't get another boyfriend till university but on the plus side this has really helped me find good guys and I would say that I no longer give my heart out and it attracts guys that are willing to work for my love rather than think they will get a one night stand. In terms of what happened the only answer I got was 'I got bored' he moved onto another girl and did the same thing to her and then the same with the girl after that.

• Brian... my first "serious" boyfriend senior year.

I didn't tell him I have serious mental health issues and tried to hide it from him, and I guess it didn't work because he called me crazy and dumped me one day...even though everything had been fine before.

It took me a while to get over that.

• oh, then I found out he had just been using me to make his ex jealous.

I kind of guessed that, but I was so infatuated with him, I chose to ignore that.

• I'm sorry you've been through all that.