How long did it take YOU to forget your very first love?

No crush or something like that, the very first person who made you feel true love, those feelings you didn't know you could feel. And if possible, the amount of time you were with that person.

So, there's no way to forget? Great, now I now what I'm heading.

Will it always be like that? Remember him/her from little details your entire life?
What if you ended in good terms cause you knew from the beginning it wasn't meant to be, kind of impossible to be together t hing? I believe it's harder this way to forget...

44

Most Helpful Guy

• It is impossible to truly forget about your first love, because she was the one who made you feel truly special for the first time in your life. You probably had lots of memories together too and so many things you do will occasionally remind you of her.

The most you can really do is "move on." The more contact that you have with them, the more pain it will be every night. Over time, you may even want to get back together and make attempts, but will likely all be in vain.

It took me about 7 to 8 months to move on. This was after months and months of painful nights and constant reminiscing of the past. And chances are it will make a big impact on your life and may even change the way you are. She hurt me really bad and I will never forget the pain.

• He made a big impact in my life and changed who I was, for the better (or I changes myself w/e). I'm sorry that happened to you, but hey, aren't we ALL supposed to be hurt by someone else?

• You added how you ended on good terms. You could say that I also ended on good terms, but the thing is, as a first love, I didn't understand break ups. Why would someone purposely go and make themselves lonely and make the other person miserable? Because I couldn't let it go, I ruined my friendship with her. The way I acted was childish and eventually led her to completely cut off me from her life even though she said we would "still be friends"

What Guys Said 3

• Ye I'm not sure if you ever really forget your first...but I'd say I thought of her for at least a year after even though I broke up with her...never try to contact them is the best way

• I don't know, I just really feeling A form of Closure two weeks ago, But She was gone for 2 years and I was still thinking about her almost daily when she came aback.

• When I try to she keeps trying to pop back in my life like Shit I thought you moved on, Why Can't I? Were together for nearly a year & a half

• *we were ha ha I mean to say that

• @Update Depends on how the relationship was. Mines was kind of sh*tty so there isn't much good things to remember. Second I never came back to that town after we broke things off.

What Girls Said 4

• its been on and off since the first.. we both can't move on completely

• wow nobody can move on! lol. so what's this mean? It's meant to be or something?

• Would never forget him... It's been eight months and I'm ready to move on but it's one of those things that stay with you.

• Well I'm still with that person, 11 months :)

• never. he was my first and a part of me will always love him because he was the first