Are there any good reasons to be friends with an ex?

Last time I spoke with my ex boyfriend we promised we would be friends after a certain amount of time. But when the more time passes the more I got doubts if I really want to be friends with him again. Is it worth being friends with an ex?

What if there's no feelings left?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• nope...

the longer you stay around or keep in contact, the more sour it becomes...

granted, nothing is wrong with l nice hello when you pass each other but just no details or "casually hanging out" pssh...

basically if its over, it is over...

What Guys Said 4

• If the path's gone cold leave it

• it depends on the what you getting out of it, what do you want out of him if you become friends with him

• I'm friends with a lot of my ex's. They really did make better friends than lovers haah

• Nope.

Its just baggage.

Plus how would you feel if you had a partner that still had Ex's in his life, especially when you are trying to start a fresh new relationship? What kind of message does that send?

What Girls Said 1

• Well for your question I have to say it really depends on the people and the circumstances. Sometimes it may be the best thing, sometimes it's not good for anyone. Really now you have to step back and look at how you feel if you don't want to be friends with him the cut those ties. Tell him that you don't think you can handle that, or whatever you need to tell him but don't stay in a situation that you don't want to be in.

Good luck to you!