She keeps standing near me. What is she after?

Hi guys,

I had a crush on this girl last year, lets call her "Erica". She was my date to a formal function, we had lots of fun, and at the end of the year we were texting. It was clear that I liked her. When Erica was at one of my parties, her sister Jessica pulled me across the floor from my kitchen and handed me off to Erica to dance with her.

We stayed in touch over the summer. At the beginning of the year, Erica texted me about how excited she was to see me, ran up and hugged me.. things were looking good.

The next night I got really drunk and acted like an a**hole, pissing off Erica and most of her friends. It was awkward for a while. I drunk texted Erica that night saying how much I liked her and trying to explain and apologize for how I acted. She responded the next day saying that she appreciated what I said, but was unhappy with how I acted and hoped that I'd learned from it.

The next day I saw her at another party and she wouldn't even look at me. I steered clear.

The next night Erica, sister, and two friends come to my house to pregame. It's super awkward and while Erica is sort of nearby, I stay away from her and don't talk to her.

A week later she was at a party with me and saw me take home a girl (she told a friend of mine about it).

The next week I was getting a drink in the basement/dance floor area at a party, a friend of mine gives me the "hi sign" and I turn around: she's 7 feet behind me standing alone, giving me a weird look.

A few weeks pass, and a similar thing happens. I'm on the porch at a party and my friend is winding Erica up saying "He's over there, wink wink wink". I laugh and get him to leave her alone, and her friends March Erica inside.

A few hours later, I'm clearing out the party. Jessica and friends are standing together, but Erica isn't with them. It's super rare for them not to be in a huddle. The cops are here, Jessica and friends leave when I ask the living room to clear out.

A couple minutes pass, I turn around and see through the doorway to the kitchen, Erica standing at the counter alone, looking in my direction. As I walk into the kitchen, we make eye contact, but its kind of awkward and I'm not sure that she was trying to talk to me. I side step her and tell everyone to clear out. As Erica walks past me, she puts her hand on my shoulder, but keeps on going.

Is she just trying to get attention from me, or does she miss me and want to talk?

I doubt she's trying to "be just friends" because I was kind of a drunken jerk before.. I'm trying hard to be better and I really miss her. If she was trying to patch things up, I would be over the moon happy. Its weird though because we were never officially boyfriend/girlfriend.

Is this just her way of trying to get me to start a conversation with her?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• C'mon man, you know she wanted to talk to you, what are you waiting for go call her or talk to her in person, make things right again. And deifintly, never ler let that happen again!

• I think that's right. Do you think she'll be happy once I acknowledge her, or is this going to be a stern conversation?

I figure if she's doing it at a party, she just wants to see me and we'll patch things up as needed.

• don't worry about the convo man, she just might miss you like you miss her, just apologize again and get your girl!

What Girls Said 1

• She really needs to talk to you, if not, you need to talk to her.

What Guys Said 1

• Obviously she wants to talk to you! But you're being such a douche bag!