Tattoo of an ex's name?

How would you feel if you find out, the person your talking to has his or her ex's name tattooed?

410

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone with ink has that one that, in retrospect, probably wasn't the best of ideas. If I was dating a girl who had an ex's name tattooed on her, I'd hope that she was planning to get it covered up or removed. I have no problem with a tat (yes, I'm fine with tramp stamps), but it'd be hard to believe her when she says she's my girl but has someone else's name written on her. There'd always be that little doubt in the back of my head.

• Thanks, VMN! *blushing*

• Thanks. Here is an update. She recently got my name tat on her ring finger. She surprised me with it. But now I feel honored, but still upset. I feel like she must be crazy or desperate. She said she is getting his covered

What Guys Said 9

• JohnnyBlaze said it best, and I did something similar. I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with a tattoo, so I made an appt. with the tattoo artist and he asked me when she liked. We came up with a few ideas, but the one I went with was a playboy bunny with the words "Kelly's Bunny" on my arm. Luckily, after he did the bunny but before the lettering, another appointment came in and he asked if it was OK for me to come back tomorrow to finish (I was a walk-in).

I didn't go back the next day, 'cause I was like "holy, I have a playboy bunny on my arm!" Then two days later when I showed her, she was not happy...we soon broke up. I'm thankful every day I only have the bunny and not her name too since then people (girls really) would dislike my tattoo.

• Oh man, that sucks. I have my ex fiances name on me. Of course he's an ex so it's kind of bad, but we still love each other very much. He has my name on him also, we agreed that we wouldn't get them covered.

• lol The awesome thing is that my ex's name is John Wayne. So the tat says John Wayne in old writing with two colt .45's on the side with smoke coming out. I figure I can either cover it if I get into a serious relationship, or add a pic of a cowboy hat or some boots or something.

• Heh...that is cool...GL !

• I would think she might be slightly marginal and it could be that this would turn me off too much but if I would really like her and wanted to spend the rest of my life together I would ask her to remove it :D

• I have no problems with tattoos, but I have a problem with the fact that my girlfriend and I been together for 4 years and like all relationships we have broke up and got back together in that time. Recently we broke up for a few weeks. We got back together only for me to find out she got a tattoo of another mans name whom she says she knew for 3 years. She said it was stupid and she wasn't thinking, but I question our love now. She asked me if I wanted her to she would cover it and that if I wanted her too she would cut all ties with this other guy because she loves me that much. But I feel like it should not have been a question. It should have been her WANTING to do it to show her love. I'm confused. I feel like, she must have really stronger love for this other guy than me. What should I do?

• That's why you never tattoo somebody's name on you. You never know what's going to happen in the future.

• I'd head for the hills. I'd be reminded of her ex every time I looked at her.

• I'M FIRIN MA' LAZER.

• turn off

• Bummer...It almost happen to me haha!

• I wouldn't care.

• What if it was six inchs by two inches on the bottom of her back? With guns.

• Would you date a girl with a tattoo anywhere else? I have a tramp stamp, the reason I got it there is because the middle of my back already had a tat and I wanted a second but I didn't want to get it anywhere it would be seen. I can completely control whether or not someone sees my back. The guy I'm dating right now has seven tats, all but one are cover able by clothing, so I'm sure he wouldn't care about a tramp stamp.

What Girls Said 4

• I would accept that they had been in a serious relationship, and I woudn't let it bother me. If we ever got together then I'd be more worried about our relationship then someone that he had had a relationship with before. Living in the present is a lot less stressful then the past ^^

• honestly hy husband has his exes name tattoed on his chest of all places, and well it roally pisses me off we are working on getting it covered. but even though it is curently really hard to see, it does make me cry and sometimes it is to much to deal with but in the long run I remember we all do stupid things and what matters is he loves me

• sounds like a sh*t way to look at life, way to settle for being miserable like that

• I think it's a normal reaction. He had to have the tattoo when you guys were dating right? Before you were actually in love with him, did it make you cry then also? I think crying over something like that seems immature. You said you guys are working on getting it covered, so it doesn't seem like something to be crying over.

• he did have it when we were dating. There are a lot of reasons I cry that I'm not going to get into but it does have to do with that ex and sometimes I can't help but brake down at the sight of it. Long story short its just the catalyst

• You can't really be mad at the person for something like that. They were probably in love with the person. Or it was possibly just a drunk mistake, which in that case, everyone makes mistakes and that shouldn't be the thing to hold you back. And who knows, if you two get serious enough, maybe they'll be willing to cover it up.

• The person I'm talking to? I wouldn't care at all then.