i need advice on how to move on, and don't just say find someone new because I honestly don't think that will help.

suggest songs, quotes or just plain advice.

thank you<3

23

Most Helpful Guy

• There's an old zen quote I always keep in mind, it's nothing profound, unless you don't know what to do...

"when I need to laugh, I laugh... When I need to cry, I cry" Bottom line is just do whatever it is you feel the need to do. Goes without syaing if you need to punch something make it a pillow or something that doesn't also have feeling lol

Finding someone new does work, but if you can weather the storm by yourself and maybe some friends to vent on it's a much more rewarding experience and skill set. Hope it all goes well for you

What Guys Said 2

• How long ago did you break up? Everyone is different. There is no set way of getting over a break-up. You need to acknowledge that it's over and take it one day at a time. Finding someone new would not help either, what with your emotions being in a bit of a tangle. If you are looking for a sad, soft break-up song, I recommend Colbie Caillat - Fearless. Here's the https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=LKpZGGBHUMs

All the best.

• thank you! and we broke up a couple months ago but we still had been talking to it hadn't really occured to me that it was officially over until I saw him with another girl today and that hit me hard

• Oh yeah, that sucks. I hope things get better for you soon. Some other songs I would recommend are...Disturbed - Darkness (though that one is just about loneliness in general lol), Stricken (if you are looking for an angry one), and Asylum (though that one is REALLY dark, I'm kind of shocked), Breaking Benjamin - Breath, and, well you're a girl so anything by Taylor Swift lol.

• wont sugarcoat it, its going to be hard. took me 2 years and I'm still not totally over it. just try your best to distract yourself with work, family, hobbies. listen to happy songs as much as wanting to listen to depressing songs tempts you. try noah and the whale's "l.i.f.e.g.o.e.s.o.n". or butcher the bar's "bobby". the latter has nothing to do with anything but it has a happy tune so yeah hope you enjoy it. good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• I'm afraid only time can heal you. Because with time you can think and reflect on the past, and slowly but surely, you'll realize that you'll be okay. I'm sorry I don't have a quick painless solution, but although there are things to do that may help, I don't think there is a painless route. I hope your heart heals soon <3 Took me two damn years.

• You should always keep yourself busy,talk to your friends whom you ignored when you had all the time for him,listen to songs like kelly clarkson-gone,eamon-f*** it(I don't want you back) and many others,Go out and enjoy with your friends,like go out shopping,partying,anywhere where you could relax off your mind,you can also get some few friends there,and its an usual behavior to think about your ex,well,think about what he did to you(probably things that could make you feel that he was not worth of you),do some crazy stuff,you should talk about what your ex did to you,when you repeat the same thing everyday to your friends,you will get bored of that topic and it will help you move on,in some cases it helps dear :)..,just show him that you also have a life out there,Just keep yourself busy,it helps for real :)