How long does the grieving period last?

She was my first everything. Though we did not become official, that is where our "split" began, she was the first girl I ever dated.

Months later I am still thinking about her.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Those little passing thoughts about your ex will always be there if she was your first, it's the way of the world (I really am sorry). Your experience must be causing you a good amount of suffering, so every time she comes up, think about her picture her very clearly on a leaf floating down a stream, wish her well and let her go wherever she is going. It sounds truly crazy but it works I swear to you.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, it can take a while. My ex and I broke up six months ago and I could still cry just thinking about it. My feeling has disintegrated a bit, not I know it'll take a long time. I usually don't move on until I've met someone else to take their place. So I'm hoping I'll meet someone soon, haha. I know how you feel also, You start to feel like a loser after a certain amount of time has passed. In my case, I don't think I want to move on because If I do, that means it's over. Everything is over. And I'm not really sure I'm ready for that yet. I could tell you to go out with your friends etcetc, but that's only a temporary solution. Time will eventually heal everything. You may still remember her, but you won't have any kind of feelings towards her.

• Really depends. A few seconds sometimes or even years. Main thing is to distract yourself so you have little to no time to think about them.

• it's different for every situation.

• ok. I have a feeling this will last for a long time.

What Guys Said 1

• If she was your first, the healing process usually last double the time you have been with her. The first breakup is always the hardest.