My ex-boyfriend asked to be my friend years later after a nasty break up

we dating for 3 months and broke up horrifically out of no where ... he told me he couldn't date me because he hated my family, which lead to a screaming match and me flipping out (which he has known for 10 years prior) and he was lieing about that reason I know it was his mom who made him after he passed a commentin front of her about marrying me... 5 years later he asked to be my friend on Facebook... I messaged once saying hello how is everything and he answered but no convo since ... but I am confused on why it is he asked to be my friend after everything that happened ?!

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I have an ex that's been trying to befriend me for almost 3 years. I've quit trying to figure it out, and I just ignore him now.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe because he realized that he made a mistake and wants to give it another try.

What Girls Said 2

• I think any ex that wants to add me is out to spy on me, lol. Maybe I'm paranoid but why else would you want to be my FB friend unless your checking up on me? Especially if your not talking to me on there.

• Maybe he wants some round 2 sex.

• you would think! but he's actually a virgin !

• lol I was joking. I don't know how your breakup went but maybe he wants to give things another shot? Or maybe he is just genuinely curious about how you are since it has been a while?

• it was a bad break up literally took me 3 years to start dating again!