Me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship for about a year and a half now what should I do?

Me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship for about a year and a half now but I go to college and work part time and she works part time at her job, at her job guys are always flirting with her and I feel like she lets it go on longer then it should, I have approached her on this but these same 4 guys are always trying to flirt with her talking sexual, asking her to take breaks with them, and pulling her hair jokingly knowing that she's in a relationship. What should I do?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I hate to be a debbie downer, but high school relationships almost never survive college. I tried it, and wasted my whole freshman year being miserable. Going to college is such a huge step, you learn so much and change so much as a person in the space of a couple months, not to mention overall in the four years. It sounds like there are already cracks in the relationship, and however small, will get magnified. You are going to mature, meet new people, be exposed to new ideas, and following your ambition. All the while, she is going to be working at subway (or whenever) with the same four lame dudes trying to flirt with her. I know this seems like a random answer to this question, but I tell almost everyone to get rid of high school romances and move on to better and brighter things when you get to college- it has been the case with myself and all my close friends, and we are all better for it. Good luck

What Girls Said 1

• I know for me I am pretty naive to when men are flirting with me. Does she see it as flirting? If she likes the attention there is not a whole lot you can do about it. If you two are meant to be, no other man is going to be able to take her from you. On the other hand if the flirting goes to the next step and she allows it as a result, maybe its good this is happening prior to a marriage commitment. I would hate for you to be with someone who is not totally committed to you.

What Guys Said 1

• So your girl is letting guys flirt with her and talk indecent. Let's be honest if she didn't want this to happen she would go psycho-b*tch on them and they would stop. Or she could tell the manager if she wasn't willing to get in their face. It seems like she enjoys the attention to me.

With that said I think you need to make it very clear to her that this behavior is not going to be tolerated. No more flirting... She is going to end it by doing one of the above. If she denies everything or worse refuses, it's time to end the relationship. She will be sending you a powerful message that your feelings do not matter to her.

If she agrees and actually does something, know you have a girl that is respectful of you and willing to work things out. I hope she does. Good luck!