What if he doesn't text back?

So I asked the guy I like to hang out. And it's been about a week and a few days since I asked him. Well I was at first waiting on him to text me and say his mom said he could go, but then I realized I need to make plans with him before he can ask his mom. So for the past 4 school days I have been trying to get a chance to say "hey did yo want to see a movie this saturday?" or something like that. But since semesters switched I only ever see him in the morning. So I decided if I don't get to talk to him in person by wednesday, I would text him and ask him. Well I don't think he is the kind of person who is really dedicated to his phone. I texted him once to give him my number and he texted back 9 hours later, then I texted him again asking him a question about a basketball game and he never texted back. So I don't know if he was ignoring me, or never checked his phone, or figured I probably asked someone else by the time he read my message. Well my concern is that I will end up texting him wednesday, and he will just never text back. And I mean I really think he wants to hang out with me because he was smiling when I asked him, and he gave me his number, AND texted me back the first time. But if he never texts back when I ask him about going to a movie this weekend should I just drop it and take it as a sign he doesn't want to go? Or should I try to ask him about it at school?
What if he doesn't text back?
Add Opinion