After 16 years, why did my ex come back?

I was dating this guy for 2 years never had the first fight or nothing like that .And one day out of the blue he broke up with me didn't give me a reason or nothing it broke my heart I had a nervous break down at the age of 25 due to his actions. now after 16yrs he finds me online ask me out I i went and we have been seeing each other ever since. last night we finally had the talk . I ask just where is the leading to am I just a friend with benefits or are we a couple . he said both but I don't want to hurt you again but if I see someone I want to go out with I think we should just be friend and see where it takes us. and he said I know you are still in love with me . and I said no I love you but not in love with you . he said because of my body language he could tell I was . I don't hang ,kiss or cling to him . he does that to me . I don't text or call he does that . so I'm so confused why is he back are we meant to be together ? because both of our relationships have failed .and we other still care for one another . but if I'm only gonna be a booty call for him should I end it or wait and see where it goes . is he testing me ? please help me understand .
After 16 years, why did my ex come back?
Add Opinion