If the two break up and it's easier for one of them to move on, what does that mean usually?

I'm just wondering if two people break up and one person has it easier to move on, what does that mean usually?

For some reason to me it means that the person who had it harder to move on was REALLY in love with that person they broke up with and that's why they weren't able to move on easily.

For some reason there are signs I see for this with the guy I'm with. When we were first together he told me that his ex broke his heart really bad and he never dated after her (7-8 years later after the break up, not moving on). And he talked about her a lot and called her his "girlfriend" even though she moved on easily and has been with another guy (living with him) for the last 7-8 years (well she broke up with him for that other guy).

Anyways what should I think about this situation? I keep wondering why he is so in love with her and I keep researching her on the web and it's driving me nuts. I just want this relationship to end but I don't know what to say or how to go and say it.

What do you think?
3
0