Guys - have you ever acted like a jerk to your ex? Why?

My boyfriend and I broke up almost 4 months ago. He tried to get back together once, but we didn't. I didn't want to jump back in unless I was certain we had worked things through. Then he changed his mind. We hooked up a few times, and would talk sometimes, see each other at gatherings with our friends.

I'm trying really hard to get over him. But lately, he's been treating me like a jerk. He'll start talking to me, then completely drop off and ignore me. His friends (our friends I guess) think he is an a**hole now and also think he treats me horribly. I'm about to move across the country in a month to go back where I'm from since our relationship has ended and I'm not moving on with him. He knows this. I've made it clear now that I think it was a big mistake that we didn't work things out, and I still love him. He's had a very difficult time lately and I recently found out he is taking medication for it. If someone loved you so much, how can he be such a jerk to me now? I'd like to end things on a good note, and say goodbye and give him a last hug, with leaving things open for friendship in the future, but I don't even recognize his behavior anymore, and I would majorly hesitate if he tried to reconcile now because of the way he's treating me.

Why can guys be so mean to their ex girlfriend?
1
1