When I don't make a move, I fall into friend zone. When I make a move, I ruin the mystery.

I can have this great back and forth flirting with a girl for weeks and then I ask for advice. If I don't make a move and want things to keep going the way they are, people say she'll eventually lose interest or see me in friend zone since I didn't make a move when she was giving off signs. And yet when I do make a move and she turns out to be lukewarm, I get chastised for ruining the "mystery". That I should've kept the flirting up even though I just see her in professional situations and there'd be no way for me to eventually make a move unless I see her in a different situation.

So, what do I do? So what if I ruin the mystery? What's the point in keeping the mystery up if I don't ever make a move for the girl? Isn't it better to have made a move and fail than to just keep up safe flirting and be seen as having been too slow to get her?
+1 y
It also helps for me to see if the flirting is for real or if she just sees it as friendly.
2
0